Soba Noodle Salad
August 7, 2016 - 1 Comments
Cold Soba noodle salad with grilled chicken and bacon balsamic vinaigrette. Dressed in fresh cherry multi-colored tomatoes, and corn. Garnished with organic basil leaves.
It takes just a few simple ingredients to make this delicious soba noodle salad. Multi-colored cherry tomatoes, one piece of bacon, two shallots, a few fresh basil leaves, and of course Japanese buckwheat noodles called udon. These noodles are often served cold during hot months and hot during colder months. I decided to add yummy grilled chicken to my salad, and this was a superb idea 🙂
Soba noodles take a very short time to cook, about 4-5 minutes. Please make sure you rinse soba noodles for at least 2-4 minutes under cold water before you start adding other ingredients to it.
Grilled chicken tastes perfect with soba noodle salad. I needed some extra protein in my salad, and I am glad 🙂 I went for chicken.
I love to make my dressing for salads we make. This delicious soba noodle salad dressing was an instant hit:) I combined one slice of pan fried bacon, three basil leaves, 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar dressing. Put everything into a food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds. Results are amazing! This delicious dressing brings so much flavor to the salad.
Finally, serve cold and enjoy your meal 🙂 I also would like to recommend my Angel hair pasta salad loaded with fresh mozzarella cheese and veggies.
If you make this recipe please snap a picture and hashtag it #foodflavorz – We would love to see your food photos on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter!
- 10 oz Soba noodles
- 2 Shallots Diced
- 4 Basil leaves
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes Multi-color
- 1/4 cup Corn Fresh
- 4 oz Chicken breast Grilled
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar dressing
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- Flavor chicken breast with salt, black pepper and, paprika. Grill and dice or cut a chicken into small pieces. Set aside to cool down.
- Cut tomatoes in halves and set aside.
- Pan fry bacon and let it cool
- Dice shallots and pan fry until they become translucent and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil, add noodles and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Rinse under cold water for about 2-4 minutes.
- Combine noodle with chicken, tomatoes and pour dressing into the ball and mix well. Garnish with corn, basil leaves and, season with freshly ground black pepper.
Add one slice of fried bacon, three basil leaves, ¼ of a cup of balsamic vinegar dressing in a food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds.