Healthy Pumpkin Soup
November 7, 2016 - 1 Comments
It’s getting cold outside and pumpkin season is about to end. It’s time for delicious Pumpkin soup recipe. This time around made with apple, freshly grated ginger and Thai basil.
Just take a look at these simple ingredients that are needed to cook this healthy pumpkin soup;
- Mini pumpkin
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh Thai basil (this was an amazing idea as it added great flavor to the soup)
- Brown sugar
I saw a ton of recipes for pumpkin soup that required you to roast the pumpkin. I did take a bit different approach and decided to cook the pumpkin in the pot and use an immersion blender instead of roasting it.
After you have your core ingredients in the pot, everything should go easy! Cook for about 30 minutes, use an immersion blender to blend everything nicely or transfer pumpkin and apple into a food processor and blend it that way.
Healthy pumpkin soup ready to serve, garnished with Thai basil leave. 🙂
I also recommend checking our recipe for tasty vegetarian lentil soup.
If you make this recipe please snap a picture and hashtag it #foodflavorz – We would love to see your food photos on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter!
Deliciously good, pumpkin apple-ginger soup. Healthy and great for you.
- 2 1/2 cup Pumpkin fresh
- 1 Apple
- 1 pinch Crushed pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp Grated ginger fresh
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 4 Sage leaves
- 10 Thai basil leaves
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cups Water
- 32 oz Vegetable Stock
- 1 Apple
- Cut the pumpkin on half and scrape out all of the seeds. Carve the pumpkin out.
- Preheat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pot. Add apple, pumpkin and 2 cups of water and vegetable stock. Bring it to boil and lower heat to medium. Add sage, brown sugar, Thai basil leaves. Lower heat to medium and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend everything. Add grated ginger. Cook for another 10 minutes on medium heat. Season with a pinch of crushed pepper flakes.